Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

How to rectify the pain in my lower back and ankles which are present from the time I fell ?

Injured my tailbone & now I have bruises that wrap around my ankles I am a 30year old female with no current medical problems. About 1 week ago I took a really hard fall & all my weight landed between my lower back & my tailbone. Xrays were taken & they said nothing was broken. Im in severe pain from my lower lower back down to my feet. Now I bruises that wrap around both of my ankles.... Should I go back 2 the doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 23 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi Stephanie May,
the bruise which seen over ankle definitely leads to some sub dermal hemorrhage means some vessels may crush and blood came out,why it shown at ankle because the site where damage formed is maybe loosely arranged skinned area or fat tissue area .
Due to gravitational force this blood which came out from vessels move to dependable area and settled there at ankle so no need to apply anything over ankle area.
fracture may not be there but some tissue trauma which cannot be seen by x ray is developed there
if bruises is not increasing no need to worry about the vessel damage.
if pain persist take some anti inflammatory medicines with the help of your doctor
i am an ayurveda doctor i have no right to say about that for clarification contact
Answered: Mon, 23 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor