Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

How to rectify the pain in my knee after several months after Anterior cruciate ligament tear surgery ?

In July 2008 I tore my ACL doing Martial Arts, and no doctor believed my pain until November 2008 in which I finally got my MRI in December 2008 showing a ACL tear. October 2009 I received the surgery , but ever since surgery the pain has only increased in the knee . My surgeon kept telling me its all normal, until I proved him wrong by getting another MRI in February 2011. The MRI showed that I had subchondral bone marrow edema , and the doctors learned i have weakness in both my mcl and lcl as a result of surgery. Recently the pain has been spreading from my knee down my leg slowly. What could be the cause of this, and what steps do you suggest I take? P.S. My Age is 18 , turning 19 as of October this year.
Asked On : Sat, 14 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  162
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
steps are do consult a physiotherapist and do regular physiotherapy taught by them which is basically to strengthen ur quadricep muscles
Answered: Sat, 14 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor