Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

How to recover from short sight?

Hi. I have the problem of Short Sight right from the age of 17 and now i am 22 years old. I use contact lenses. My eye power is -2.75. How can i recover from short sight?
Sat, 8 Jan 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Short sightedness can be corrected by glasses ,contact lenses or surgery.Glasses are comfortable,contact lenses slightly cumbersome and require maintainence,and surgery can only be done after the age of 21 when the power has remained stable for more than a year
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

You can also undergo LASIK.Contact lenses have their own problems.

For more details visit

  User's Response
Take care while using contact lenses. They cause many infections. I had this problem with it. I brought back to glasses. Ofcourse I got the lasik surgery done later. I think there is nothing much these doctors can do now with vision problem.
  User's Response

Hi, I have the problem of short sight and i am using prescirbed glassess. My eye power is -2, how can i recover my short sight.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor