Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

How to record my echo cardiogram?

Is it possible for me to ask if I can record my echocardiogram? If so, how do I do it? What should I ask? Do I need a blank CD or DVD with me to do so?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  298
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
I think people are missing the question. This is NOT an ELECTROCARDIOGRAM, (EKG) but an ECHOCARDIOGRAM -- big difference!! ;) Most of the Echo units that we use today are equipped with CD writers, and that's typically what they will copy to so they can send it to the doctor/cardiologist. There should be no reason that you can't ask for one yourself. Bring a blank CD just in case, but I'll be they will have no problem just burning one for you on request. No, this is NOT a HIPAA violation because it is YOUR heart they're recording, and your getting a copy of it. It WOULD be a violation for a doctor/nurse/common person to request a copy of your Echo for their own use. Don't worry about that. Best of luck!
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor