How to quit smoking?

I really want to quit smoking. Kindly suggest me on following id: ca.naveenwadhwa@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2010
Treatment/Therapy ,  
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
i dont think so there is any medicine to quit smoking..there are nicotine chewing gums and nicotine patches available. slowly replace ...cigarettes with nicotine gums..and patches ..and slowly stop even nicotine gums as even they have harmfull effects though to a lesser extent
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
Good naveen you made up your mind to Quit smoking. it means half the battle is won. now you stick to your decision consistently and persistently, than the full battle is won. the best way to Quit smoking is to stop immediately, and to abstain from smoking.
Naveen Wadhwa's  Response
Thanks for the reply. Today i thought i will not smoke even a single cigratte. But i could not do it because i could not concentrate on my work. Kindly suggest me some supplements which could help me to quit smoking. If possible kindly suggest me the name of nicotine gums and where i can get this. I stay in delhi. Regards Naveen Wadhwa
ayush jain's  Response

VAPOURS ELECTRONIC cigarette recreates a smoking experience which is very similar to traditional smoking. The electronic cigarette looks, feels, tastes and smokes like a real cigarette and it offers smokers the pleasure of smoking without the worry of harmful side-effects.

The electronic cigarette should be used as a harm reduction technique.

The electronic cigarette does not need ignition, it lights automatically when drawn on and will switch off automatically.

Vapours contains a nicotine cartridge and atomiser, a smart chip controller and a built in lithium battery.

Vapours is an innovative and revolutionary device. The electronic cigarette is powered by the latest microelectronic technology in the form of the atomiser. The atomiser heats up automatically when the smoker inhales or draws on the cigarette.

The heated atomiser then converts the liquid nicotine, contained within the cartridge into a vapour which is similar to normal cigarette smoke.

The vapour which is inhaled contains the nicotine which smokers crave and are addicted to.

Smokers can finally enjoy a simulated smoking experience which does not result any side effects or health risks to themselves or those around them.

ayush jain's  Response

VAPOURS ELECTRONIC cigarette (www.vapours.in) recreates a smoking experience which is very similar to traditional smoking. The electronic cigarette looks, feels, tastes and smokes like a real cigarette and it offers smokers the pleasure of smoking without the worry of harmful side-effects.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Hi, The mention method might be helpfull but the best way to quit smoking depends on your will power. You cannot quit in a day or 2 but it may takes weeks. Do it by slowely decreasing the number of cigarettes daily. Change your lifestyle a little.

As i too was a smoker 6 months back and i did the same and stood strong to my decisions. So you need to control your mind and hope it will help you control smoking.

Try doing anything alternative or keep your self busy when you feel like smoking.Offcourse it will not be easy but if you have to quit you have to take the challenge.

Hope you save your health by quiting . Bye

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

There is a medicine called Chantix which will help block the nicotine receptors in your brain and make smoking less enjoyable.  I know of many people who have quit successfully with it.

I, however, experienced some MAJOR mood swings, anger, rage, depression, etc., while on it.  You have to get a prescription from your doctor, so talk to them about it.

I'd love your comments and updates on my blog - www.ijustquitsmoking.com.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
the best medication to quit smoking would have to be Zyban if you check the rating on this just type in TOP 10 MEDICATIONS ON QUITTING SMOKING at google.com you can check there. I am a person who has used it and has been off cigerettes for 5 years and has not gone back since then, but the best thing to do would be to ask your doctor first. Let me ask you this? If the product has some level of nicotine? your chances of quitting would be low in success and anything with nicotine even a small dose of it is or can be addictive. you may want to ask your doctor about Zyban if you get depressed from time to time it helps with that to.
Steve's  Response
it isn't too hard to quit i have been smoking for 13 years and i used marijuana in place of it for 1 week and since then urges are so easy to over come and i lost weight instead of gained weight and never felt better. marijuana is not addictive at all as matter of fact it helps over come addictions if used correctly.
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
E-Cigs are the way to go.
They sell the juice with varying amounts of Nicotine.
I started with 24mg per 30ml bottle,vaped on that for 3 weeks and then went to 12mg. Vaped 12mg for three weeks then went to 0mg Nicotine.
I was vaping no nicotine and my body couldn't tell the difference since I had progressively weined myself from Nicotine.

Occationally I still crave a cig so I use my 0 Nicotine E-Cig to stop the urge and all is well.

BTW I smoked for 35 years,a carton a week and had never tried to stop at all,I got tired of the prices going up and up and the health factors so I went to the E-Cig.

Nicotine Patches,Gum and prescription drugs to quit smoking are VERY expensive and aren't that effective.
E-Cigs are cheap and at least if that doesn't work for you not much spent.
ENT Specialist Dr. Balaji Pillai's  Response
Dear Mr. Naveen,
Congratulations on your desire to Quit Smoking.

The Tested product in the pharmacy is available from Elder Pharamaceuticals.
Rx:
NRT -2 Pastilles.
(you can be rolling in your mouth between the cheek and tongue) 3 times a day.
It replaces the NICOTINE smoking and gradually you can reduce the frequency of the Pastilles.

Best of Luck
Dr. Balaji