Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

How to overcome reduced intimacy ?

Hi, My age is 26 female. I have a baby who is 7 years old. After my delivery my husband has lost interest in sex. Though I get raised he is not at all interested. I am actually feeling very lonely and depressed. Unable to express my feelings to him.Can you give me some tips to overcome this.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Mostly during pregnancy and after delivery; till feeding woman concentrated with her child and also in this time the shape of female body has been changed. so when this time husband lost interest; it is only way to make him interest by knowing the reason of interest loss.

Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
Taking care of a child and stressful job can take a toll in the long run. Do not hurry into things as it may prove to be counter-productive. Try taking some time out from your busy routine (like a private trip). Improve the non-sexual areas of your relationship (like spending time together). Most importantly, dont blame each other for the problem. Discuss the problem in a calm/casual way and try to sort it out. Consider professional help in the form of marital therapy from a psychologist/psychiatrist.
Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor