Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

How to overcome from Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) ?

I am 25 years(female) old and have 45 kg.Also I am very lean.I am suffering from PCOS past few years. I have taken ultra sound scanning report.I am not taking any medicine for past 6 months. I undergone homeomedication for 1.5 years ,and before that i undergone allopathy medicines like krimson 35 , hipponido etc for almost2 years.Could you please help me to overcome this PCOS.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  398
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to the forum.
PCOS can be overcome with adequate medication. The treatment also includes diet and lifestyle changes.
I cannot comment on homeopathic treatment since I practice allopathic medicine. The allopathic treatment that you took earlier was probably aimed at regularizing your periods.
If you are anxious to conceive and overcome the PCOS, then discuss with your treating gynecologist about getting you started on insulin modifiers (as the main reason for PCOS is insulin resistance) and on ovulation inducers (once PCOS changes are controlled to help you to conceive.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 18 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor