How to motivate a child with ADHD?

I HAVE A SON WHO IS STRUGGLING WITH GETTING MOTIVATED, MEETING DEADLINES, I KNOW HE HAS A LEARNING DISABITLY WHERE THE PROCESS IN HIS BRAIN IS FASTER THAN HIS FINGERS CAN KEEP UP, BUT I AM STARTING TO WONDER IF HE MAY BE ADHD. HE IS VERY FUSTRATED AND HAS A LACK OF MOTIVATION. WE ASK HIM TO LOOK FOR A JOB OR JUST GET HIS CHORES DONE AND HE SAYS THAT HE JUST CAN NOT SEEM TO MEET THE DEADLINE. PEOPLE HAVE TOLD HIM THAT HE NEEDS TO GROW UP AND JUST DO IT. HE THINKS HE IS UNABLE TO GET MOTIVATED AT HOME SO PEOPLE TELL HIM THAT HE SHOULD MOVE OUT BECAUSE HE IS 20 BUT NOT MENTALLY.
Sat, 30 Jun 2018
Hello
I would like you to motivate child with rewards rather than punitive measures. Just discuss with him prior to task how he wants to do it and how it is to be done. Make multistep in a single task and reward him after each step achieved successfully. I would like you to take help of professional for cognitive behavioural therapy. Learning disability and ADHD are two different things. Every learning disability is not ADHD. ADHD can itself lead to learning disability. In both conditions if treated properly children with these conditions can excel in any profession including engineering, law and medicine. So in treatment parents do have major role to play. So I would like you to take professional help in this regard and help your child to shape his future.