How to manage hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?

I have been diagnosed w/ hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. My cardiologist, Dr. Raza, increased my metropolol medication, and it has brought my blood pressure down about 10 points. Now my BP ranges from 130 systolic, 60-70 diastolic. Is he handling my condition properly? I have shortness of breath always. Helen Barnett, Bedford, IN
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Beta blockers like Metoprolol are the first and the best choice for handling hypertrophy cardiomyopathy and preventing sudden arrhythmia that may come from that. You should not do forced physic activity and should take regularly Metoprolol.
I recommend you to visit regularly the cardiologist and do regularly cardiac sonography. A blood pressure in this values of you is good.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.