How to maintain normal range of thyroid levels without taking Thyronorm?

hi,I am taking thyronorm 50mcg every morning since a year as I am diagonised with hypothyroidism.I have slight anxiety ,drowsiness throughout the day and rare case of trembling hands.I hate this feeling of drowsiness even if I sleep for 8 hours.Also I am planning to start to take biotin for reversing hairfall .please suggest how can I maintain correct level of thyroid without taking thyronorm.
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
Hello
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice
The given symptoms of anxiety is part of thyroid dysfunction and you have to be very much patience till the proper effect of drug is there, repeat thyroid function test is advisable just to rule out the doubt whether the hormone level is maintained or not, else the dose can not be adjusted like that only, and every after few months dose of thyroid medicine needed to be increases.
Hope I have answered your question, let me know if I can assist you further.