Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

How to lose weight other than walking or running since i have a major problem in the leg ?

I have a hormonal imbalance. My periods have been irregular since they started with gaps anywhere from 2 to 6 months. My periods started when I was 14 and then doctors said the reason could be my excessive participation in sports. I was thin and didn’t have many problems. Later doctors advised I get on steroids and some suggested it would normal over a period of time with the right lifestyle and food. The past 2-3 years I have been having an erratic lifestyle, I drink and also smoke occasionally. I have gained weight. I recently again went to the gynaecologist and she advised that I reduce my weight. I want to know how to do so as I can’t as I have a major problem in my leg which makes it impossible for me to run or walk. I want to reduce weight so as to improve this whole hormonal imbalance which I have been for almost forever now!!!!!! Can you please suggest diet plan exercises or anything that would help me get my life back besides steroids and more medicines? i really need to loose weight as its affecting my foot, my hormones as well as my self confidence .please help!!!
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist 's  Response
I completely agree with your Gynecologist's advice that you should loose weight. I also see that your menstrual cycles have been pretty irregular right from the beginning, so the approach should be to address the balancing of hormones in your condition. In such situations, I would like to advice you with a combination of therapies along with your Gynecologist's prescription. They can be Yoga therapy, Personalized diet plan based on your constitution (based on Ayurvedic concepts) and Acupuncture treatment which will help you to large extent of addressing your problem.
You may approach and qualified Yoga therapist, Dietician and a Acupuncturist in your location.
Answered: Wed, 15 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor