Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

How to lighten my dark underarms ?

I have dark underarms want to lighten it.Please suggest
Asked On : Mon, 22 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  477
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Dark under arms could be due to some recurrent frictions over there after tight is called hyperpigmentation.
Good mosturiser with steroid containing cream will be helpful,start under dermatologist's guidance.
Take good healthy diet,drink enough water,fruit jices.
Take care for local hygiene.
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for query,
It may be due to old fungal infection or shaving with normal soap.
Even due to crease and unabsorbed perspiration can also give this problem
Use kojic acid soap.
Apply branded body lotion containing Vit E.
Keep under arm dry and hygienic and allow good ventilation.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor