Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How to leave SPV? Do I need rehab center?

My brother in law is currently hooked onto SPV and wants to leave the same very badly .. pl. give my your best suggestions .. he takes around 25 tabs a day. He eats well knowing the extent of damage the SPV can do to the system .. if i admit him into a good hospital will they be able to give him the proper treatment or i have to put him into a rehab center .. pl help ..
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Treatment response is a multifactorial one method can give you sure shot guarantee of success.....
Successful outcome depends on many things....if your brother is motivated for treatment or not...if not than in patient treatment is almost must...
Secondly how good his tolerance is..does he create lot of fuss with slight amount of problem or he is ready to bear the side effects of withdrawal
thirdly you have to consult a psychiatrist for it , and how much your psychiatrist is comfortable in OPD detoxification
And last but not the least,,, depending on motivation you have to decide about rehab vs hospitalisation.....lower the motivation more is the need of rehab.....
Answered: Tue, 14 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor