• question-icon

How to know if the vasectomy failed?

I had a vasectomy 13 weeks ago, have ejaculated at least 100 times (daily regimen). My first semen analysis at 8 weeks came back clean . My 13 week analysis came back with occasional motile sperm . They want me to continue testing every 4 weeks until two clears. Did the procedure fail?
Thu, 19 Feb 2015
Thanks for asking in healthcaremagic forum
Sperm growth and maturity takes around 03 months and is a continuous process. So,even after vasectomy some of the sperms continue to pass through cut vas till it heals. So, 15-20 ejaculation/3-4 months of time is needed to prevent this. So, use of protection till then/till it becomes negative is advised.
So, you are within that interval and can wait for some more time to say whether your surgery failed/not. All the best.