Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

How to increase the appetite of a 94 year old person ?

What can I do to increase my mother s appetite? My mother is 94 years old. She can take oatmeal and milk in the morning. For her lunch and dinner, she eats very little because she never feel hungry. Because of her limited intake of food, she has ½ bottle of Nepro at lunch and dinner. She is taking Pariet in the morning to take care of her blurping. She is taking medicine: Novarsc/Hydrin/Aprovel for high blood pressure; Colchicine for gout; Wellbutrin/Remeron/Rivotril for depression; Zocor for cholesterol. What can I do to increase her appetite?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, cause of loss of appetite of your mother is due to drug induse you should start treatment for it as per advise of your doc, along with it you should give her any liver tonic 10ml three times a day, it helps in increseing her appetite.
Dr aseem
Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor