Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

How to increase blood in body?

respected sir, I am sundar from India, My mom have low blood because she have period problem so she lose a lot of blood so please tell what can we do and how to increase the blood.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jun 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  343
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
dear friend, first stop the blood loss by showing her to a good gynecologist. The lady doctor will do the investigations to find out the cause of blood loss and also to determine how bad is the loss. She will definetly give haematinics [drugs to increase her blood] and take steps to stop the blood loss. I will recommend you to give her lots of greeny vegetables, fruits, dry fruits. If she is nonveg, I recommen eating lots of liver which quickly raises up the blood haemoglobin
Answered: Mon, 24 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Give her a good diet of fresh fruits,green leafy vegetables,milk,eggs,chicken,fish,nuts etc along with an iron preparation and good multivitamin.Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 22 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor