THIS is what my mom had and when we lost my sister -1 day
short of a month she gave up.
1. Find out what medications your friend is taking and keep the list on door and table for emergency so if the medics have
an idea of what medicines are being taken.
2. Get your friend a note-book writing tablet and put the whole
month of days on it (DAY AND DATE). THAT WAY THEY CAN WRITE THE TIME THEY TAKE ALL MEDICINES FOR THAT DAY BECAUSE THEY MIGHT FORGET-THIS WILL GET THEM INTO THE HABIT OF KEEPING TRACK.
They cannot afford t skip any medicnines.
3. If you hear a "GURGLE SOUND OR WEAKNESS IN VOICE" THAT COULD BE FLUID ON THE LUNGS WHICH CAN STOP THE HEART - IF THEY DON'T DRAIN IT-THEY CAN DIE. CALL 911 AND GET THE LIST AND MEDICINES
AND TAKE TO HOSPITAL. KEEP IN PLASTIC "ZIP LOCK"
BAG ON TABLE TO GRAB. MAKE SURE HOSPITAL GIVES ALL MEDICINE BACK OR THEY WILL HAVE TO BUY MORE-THAT STUFF IS "EXPENSIVE".
4. ASK YOUR FRIEND IF THEY ARE ON A "BLOOD THINNER" TO KEEP THE BLOOD FROM CLOTTING.
IF NOT- ask if the doctor has them taking ASPRIN REGULAR OR BAYER CHILDRENS ASPRIN TO KEEP
THE BLOOD THIN. "ECOTRIN "IS ONE THEY GIVE PATIENTS THAT IS COATED ASPRIN.
5. IF someone you know is having a HEART ATTACK and
they are not "ALLERGIC TO ASPRIN OR BAYER CHILDRENS ASPRIN-PUT ONE UNDER THE "TONGUE"
AND IT CAN HELP SAVE THEIR LIFE UNTIL YOU GET THEM TO THE HOSPITAL.
6. GIVE THEM A PIECE OF "DARK CHOCOLATE" IT UNCLOGS ARTERIES!-IT'S TRUE!
7. THEY SHOULD BE DRINKING WELCH'S GRAPE JUICE!
8. KEEP them as independant as possible and they can do
arm and leg exercises in chair from your local "fitness channel".
9. BE A GOOD LISTINER-THIS SCARES THEM -BUT THEY WON'T TEL YOU!
YOU'RE A TRUE FRIEND!
You found this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer.
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Your information has been very helpful and very informative. I had a stroke in 2009. I was born in 1956, so I am not old. I come from a family of congestive heart failure patients. When I wake up every day, I am blessed. Any direction you can lead me in for more information could be very helpful. Thank you
How can you tell the difference between heart burn and heart problems ? I get what feels like heart burn sometimes. But I am worried it might be more. How can i tell if it is heart burn, or a heart problem ? They seem very similar with their symtpoms, so what symptoms help seperate them?
27 FEMALE CONGENITAL HEART PATIENT.135467856I HAVE PUT ON SOME WEIGHT AND IT S REALLY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO EXERCISE SINCE I ALSO HAVE A DISABILITY IN MY LEG THAT CAUSES SEVERE PAIN. I M ALSO A HEART PATIENT AND I HAVE A PACER. I WANT TO KNOW IF IT S SAFE FOR ME TO TAKE THE HCG DROPS FOR WEIGHT LOSS??? PLEASE HELP