Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

How to heal the round cut that looks like a blister under my right toe ?

I have a blister with what looks like a round cut above it and its under my right toe and its bleeding and it hurts when i step on it. I got it while playing basketball and how do i heal it quick. i took the skin off that has been ripped while i was playing and cleaned it with ethyl alcohol and put a bandage over night and this morning it doesnt looked like it has healed. im afraid of putting on a new band aid because i dont want it to stick thus when its healing it will rip off the healing skin. How do i heal this or treat this to get better? how do i prevent it from happening again?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

You should keep the affected area clean and dry. Clean it with lukewarm saline water or an antiseptic solution twice a day.
Apply an antibiotic cream over it twice a day.
Do not apply any bandage over it.
Protect it from dust.
Wear open footwear as far as possible .
You might need a course of oral antibiotics if the infection persists or increase.

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Fri, 27 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor