Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

How to heal canker sores without hurting them?

My 6 year old son has problems with canker sores. He won t let us put anything on them because he knows it hurts him. He has had the problem for a few years. Seems that as soon as one heals up, another one forms. What causes these and is there anything I can do to help heal the sores without making him cry in pain?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding canker sores of your kid and you are interested to treat it without applying anything locally over cankers.

Here I would like to suggest you that your child should be properly examined by physician and needs investigations also to identify the causative agent and the appropriate antibiotic which may given orally or by injections. At the same time he should also be investigated for diabetes, blood protein, and deficiency of vitamins. If any of these factors are there they should also be taken care of.

Answered: Thu, 16 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor