How to get your blood pressure down?

How to get your blood pressure down?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
Relax, reduce stress, reduce salt, exercise.

My blood pressure is spiking right now. What can I do to settle it back down? I m not being treated for high BP as its usually 104/74, but I have had 3 times In the last 2 weeks when it has spiked to 144/94. I m feeling that same discomfort again now. How can I bring it back down if I don t have and meds?

Until the last 5 days I have had low to normal blood pressure. The past few days it keeps spiking. While sitting in doctors office Thursday it was 150/94 Today is was 145/105 Last night it was back down at 108/72. Stress is up as I discovered another lump in breast. How can I keep my blood pressure down? doctors are telling me to monitor a few more days to see. Suggestions? I m worried

my wife was diagnosed having gestational hypertension after it gave birth through caesarian operation her blood pressure goes up and down but persistently steady between 130/100 to 140/100. What shall we do to lower the blood pressure to normal at 120/80? is there some home remedies for this? shes 39 years old

Recent questions on  Hypertension

Hi, my mother had sepsis and she had ARF, had to undergo dialysis thrice . her creatinine level was brought back to normal about 1.6. She is diabetic and has high blood pressure about 170-180. She now complains that she sometimes has headache and nausea and this is accompanied by a feeling that her nerves are being internally pulled. Can you please let me know why this happens?

Hello, I am a 51 year old female who is having problems with an inability to absorb calcium and I have a Hct of 30. My past hx is hypertension at 14, diabetes at 27. 2 pregnancy full term and 1 miscarriage, and DJD, 2 herneated dics. @ age 50 1st MCI and developed a low sodium count of 112 causing seizures. and in 2 weeks had another heart attack and ended up with a stint in the main branch this all happen in a six period in 2012. And in June 2013 I had a massive stroke and a grand mall seizure. In a coma I was suppose to recover from. being that I was 60 percent brain dead. But I recovered, I had a hx post pardium cardiomyopathy after last pregnancy. And a hysterectomy in 2001, and a gastric bypass in 2003. @ the time of surgery I weighed 337. I weigh 200. And have been down to 185 but no longer take dieuretics as I did before. Because of the low sodium and such. I need to have some fat removed especially the apron. I am 5 foot 6inches. I have had these problems and been near death to many times.

I've been constipated about 6 days. During that time I have also had short bouts of feeling jittery, anxious, and light headed once or twice.

When I take my pulse, it remains slow and steady. any ideas? I'm 49, 6'2, 205, moderately active. No history of heart disease or high bp. Don't know my cholesterol levels.

hi my father was 76 and died of ischaemic heart disease and severe coronary atherosclerosis: heart hypertrophy and chronic congestive heart failure he was waiting for tests to be done with waiting lists 14 weeks i need to know if he could of been cured if he was seen sooner rather than later

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...