How to get rid of yellow teeth?

I have naturally yellow teeth which have never had any cavities, but I would love them to be white. I ve tried crest strips for 2 weeks but they did not work at all. Is there anything I can do to make them white? I can t afford a dental treatment and would prefer something I can buy at a drugstore, but I m not sure if it s actually possible to whiten my teeth. They are corn yellow in colour and slightly transparent at the tips. Crest strips only made them shinier, not whiter.
Thu, 11 Aug 2016
Dentist 's  Response
Hi.
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

As per your complain if you have a thinner top layer of tooth that is Enamel and is transparent therefore in that case the inner layer of tooth known as Dentin that makes the bulk of tooth and is also yellowish in colour will be visible more prominently and teeth will appear yellowish..
If you want to whiten your teeth then you need to get cosmetic treatments like Bleaching or Veneers or laminates etc done..
You can also opt for home bleach technique but only after proper advise and demonstration by a dentist to prevent damage to teeth..

Hope this helps..

Regards..
Dentist Dr. Harry Maheshwari's  Response
Hi Dear,

Welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have symptoms of yellow teeth naturally which seems to be due to natural dentin colour of tooth which is below outer covering of tooth and it could be due to loss of enamel. You should maintain hygiene by brushing with snowdent and flossing regularly, but as such brushing will not enhance tooth color in this case. I would suggest you to visit dentist once and get complete examination done. Only way you can get white teeth is by bleaching which is definitely a bit expensive procedure. Do rinses with chlorhexidine mouthwash.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari