How to get rid of vaginal pain after c section?

I had a c section 6weeks ago and im getting pain in my vagina in a morning when am layed down also pain in my left hand side of my stomach?? Hope you can help me to put my mind at ease my doctor says thy may be something left in my womb and got to go for a scan.
Wed, 28 May 2014
From your symptoms it appears as though you are experiencing some uterine spasm that is radiating to the cervix and then on to the vagina. As the uterus should have involuted by now, after contractions cannot be expected to be the cause. As your doctor feels that you need to get a scan, you better go for it to clarify the situation. If at all you have some retained products, you will usually have persistent pain and/or discharge along with fever. Without any of these, it is unlikely that you have some retained products. Hope this helps.