Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of the side effects caused due to prolonged use of metformin ?

how to get rid of fever ,breathing difficulty and billurubin level elevation due to metformin i was under metformin 1500mg/day for 5months.My billurubin levels are elevated (1.1mg)and i am having fever intermitently.i am having tightness of chest and breathing difficulty.i consulted a doctor .but she said its because of gastritics due to the to get ride of fever,and how to get normal billurubin value?am i sick?what should i do?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Agnes Naliniji,
Thanks for query,
Your problem requires evaluation,
As you have got temperature there may be some other problem of rise s. billirubin other than metformin.
go for blood test for TC,DC,
go for ultra sound for any liver pathology.
After reports we may get some conclusion.
ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor