Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
183 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to get rid of multiple hard boils on testicular sack with powder type substance discharge?


i had a boil on my testicular sack may be 4yrs back but did not pay any attention..but gradually around the boil now i have 4-5 boils popping up...its not painful but tried busting it...found some powder type substances coming out from one of them...other boils are hard and not possible to burst..scared to prick it...boils are hard like substances and seems to be in some kind of do i get rid of this....
Sat, 30 Nov 2013
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi. Thanks for writing in to HCM

Seem you have sebaceous cysts on your scrotum. They can be single or multiple, are firm to hard in consistency.

Usually they are asymptomatic except that they are of cosmetic concern to some people..

They express a yellowish putty material on manipulation/applying pressure although this is not advisable.

Sometimes they can get infected giving rise to pain and swelling

Treatment is not usually warranted for just a few cysts and they can be left alone without any consequences. Rarely multiple cysts need to be removed by scrotolplasty.

I would advice that you consult a General surgeon who would tell you whether they need to be removed if at all in your case.

take care
Dr. kakkar
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Dermatologist Dr. Sudarshan's  Response
Thanks for writing in Healthcaremagic.
The condition can be sebaceous cyst over scrotum.It is a common problem in adult males. Treatment can be surgical in form of excision of cysts under local anesthesia.Oral or topical medications are not effective in this condition.
Hope this helps.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i am a 26 year old man, since 4 years i am suffering from testicular pain. due to continuous gym exercise i had swelling 3 times and pain for which...