Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of lump under butt checks, red bumps around diaper area in child?

my 21/2 year old little boy has a lump under the skin between his butt cheeks about the size of a nickel and he also has some fine red bumps all around his diaper area what could this be i took him to the er about something else this week and showed the doctor the red bumps and he said not to worry about them but did not say what it was
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that your son might have Diaper rash and among these rashes there might be some infection giving rise to a lump.
Apply some antihistamine cream on the part.
If require give some antihistamine syrup for few days.
Keep local part dry and healthy.
Do not keep one diaper for long time and frequently go on changing.
ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor