Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of forehead scar?

Hi i have around a Inch long sunken scar on my forehead around 1 cm wide . Is ther any treatment that can remove the scar . Thankyou
Asked On : Sun, 9 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  430
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Scar mark. It may be possible to reduce it surgically,.One has to see the scar,its depth,width,colour etc to know the possibilities.It is best to visit a Plastic Surgeon to know the best options.

Dr Prakash Chhajlani. M.S.,M.Ch.
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon.
Ganga Jamuna Apartment,South Tukoganj.
Near Nath Mandir.Indore.452001.India
Tel.O & R. 91-731-2511411/12. R.2366588. Appointments:0731 2511411- 10.30-7 pm.
Web site:,
Answered: Thu, 17 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
There are various treatment which one can go for depending upon the look & depth of the scar.One semi invasive procedure is by LASER called laser ablation.You might require multiple sessions at one moth interval .Secondly one can go for is surgical excision where in you might be left with a linear stitch marks.Thirdly,if your scar is depressed then you can take filler injections over the scar,which would lift the scar temporary for say 10 months or so.So plz consult a plastic surgeon for the same or a cosmetic laser specialist.
Take care,
Answered: Tue, 11 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor