Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of excess water in your body?

how to reducce unanted water in my body?bcos look sme wat doct said i hve to reduce my unwante content of water frm my body... pls doctor can any one tel is it possible?

Asked On : Wed, 14 Apr 2010
Answers:  6 Views:  449
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
dear viji
what is thjis excess water
do you have pedal oedma that is swelling of limbs
all the bestis different from pedal oedma
so pl consult a gen physician who will be able to tell you bwhether you are fat or excess of water that is oedma
Answered: Tue, 15 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
In ayurveda, what you call excess water is taken as excess Kapha dosha which has tendency to increase fat, giving bulk to the body, sluggish behavior, excess sleep, slow digestion, and at times, tastelessness in the mouth. The best treatment which I can suggest you is to do internal cleansing and purification procedure called Vaman, which is one of the main therapy procedure coming under Panchakarma division of ayurveda. With this therapy, the main complains will go but also along with that it prevents diabetes, recurrent sinusitis, cough & cold, skin diseases and improves digestion, metabolism, respiratory system, vision, mental alertness giving you a healthy life. For more info, kindly visit your nearby ayurvedic clinic or centre having a qualified ayurvedic (BAMS) physician & facilities.
Answered: Tue, 15 Nov 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM Forum.You look mistaken as it is extra fat and not water which is being asked to shed.A person has unwanted or extra water only because of some underlying disease.Reduce your calorie intake and do regular exercises to shed extra weight.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Tue, 15 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

There is no unwanted fat unlees you have some water retaining disease, but yes there are a lot of normal(non diseased people) who carry a lot of unwanted fat.

You can lose this unwanted fat in a healthy manner. Firat educate yourself on how tho do this by reading the following link:

Answered: Sat, 17 Apr 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajath. Pejaver's  Response
Hi thanks for the query.
You will not have excess retention of fluid in your body unless you have liver, renal or cardiac problems. I suspect it is only fat. I suggest you exercise regularly. Also consume a balanced diet, which is healthy and with low fat.
Have a healthy life !
Answered: Sun, 13 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Nilima Ghosh Hajra's  Response
welcome to healyhcaremagic
excess water only be in body if there is some illness like cardiac failure or some other water retaining disorder
your doctor will be best to tell you and guide you for proper treatment if you are having any disease and need treatment for that
please consult physician and get tests done if suggested and follow advice

Answered: Sun, 13 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor