Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

How to get rid of compulsive and excessive masturbation?

I am 54 years old female. I am a compulsive & excessive masturbator. I masturbate all day and all night I skip meals and don t sleep as much as I should. I want to have a clitoridectomy or infibulation, which ever one will solve my problem.
Asked On : Sun, 1 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  333
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
You have taken the first step towards your treatment by actually seeking advice. Now that you have started, the way forward can only get better. There is hope and success will be achieved with therapy. There is no doubt that you have to consult a specialist who deals with behavioural problems, or bluntly speaking, a psychiatrist. I have consulted my colleagues and they feel the same. Since this is a form of addiction you will have to go through a deaddiction therapy which might include drugs, behaviour modification and psychotherapy which are called the 'twelve step' programme. You may not have to think of extreme steps like clitoridectomy. Infibulation may not help at all and should be avoided for other more serious reasons.
Answered: Mon, 2 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor