Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

How to differentiate between genital warts and inflamed fordyce spot?

How can one tell the difference between an inflamed fordyce spot and something like genital warts? The bumps I have are a recent development and seem to have a clear liquid in them (some more than others). Reading up on fordyce spots they are said to be glands so that would make sense. I looked at some images of genital warts and my bumbs do not seem to have any cauliflower texture, but they are also not in a uniform pattern like the general fordyce. Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1144
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello genital warts are skin coloured or brown colour with cauliflower growth .when porked only fresh blood comes out whereas inflammed fordyce spots are spots which are red in colour when porked blood with pus or clear liquid comes out
.when salcylic acid or trichloroacetic acid is applied warts turns white wheteas fordyce spots change of colour does not occur
Answered: Wed, 14 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor