Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

How to diagonize a birth deafness ?

Q : respected sir i am Asmita mohant , kindly help me my son lunmun is of 8 yr and 2 months. i found that he is able to hear. i took her to an audiologist and he suggested me for some tests. after tests and MRI he suggested me he is able to her but his brain is not growth the proper way . now also he is temporary deafness , r born deaf and were suggested for CI but later started hearing normally . R THERE ANY TESTS TO FIND OUT WHETHER THE child is SUFFERING FORM TEMPORARY DEAFNESS
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  178
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

You can get impedance audiometry done to look for any fluid collection in the ear/ossicular dislocation. Cochlear implant is not preferred in a mentally retarded child. BERA would be another test to find out whether the child's auditory pathway is normal or not. Finally, if everything is normal then your child needs speech therapy.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Tue, 15 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor