Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

169 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to diagnose a blocked fallopian tube ? What is the best cure with surgery and without surgery ?

Halo, doctor . How to know whether your fallobia tube blocked? If confirm that already blocked that what surgery need to do ? Or any suggestion without surgery ?
Wed, 11 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi ms.lee chan;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
To know that fallopian tubes of a female is blocked there are 2 methods:-
1-To do a HSG(Hysterosalphingography) that is to insert a dye through a canula in the uterus and when the dye is pushed X-ray is taken to see if the dye is coming out of the tubes ;it is done in a X-ray dept of a pathology.
2-To do a Laparoscopy from above that is abdomen and from vagina again a canula is inserted and dye is pushed and it can be directly seen by a doctor whether the dye is coming out of the tubes
These test prove whether the tubes are open or closed and most of the time the tubes get opened when the dye is pushed if there is a simple block in it .For details regarding the treatment with or without surgery please discuss with your doctor.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....