How to diagnose a 3 year old suffering from green thick runny nose ?

my son is 3 has a green thick runny nose and a rash?
Tue, 27 Dec 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
's  Response
Hi Lisa,
along with running nose, if he is having fever you need to think about infection.
If it's so, an antibiotic, antihistaminic and antipyrectic will be first line of treatment.
If you think, this happens regularly, you need to consider about immune-stimulation. The best choice is herbal/alternative therapy. Vit. C in high doses will also help a lot.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi Lisa,thanks for query.He might have viral infection.Give him anti cold drugs that you have.Avoid giving cold liquids.Give him plenty of liquids,light diet.This will mostly help and he will be fine.bye.