Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

How to diagnose a 2 year old suffering from cerebral palsy ?

hi good afternoon i am 32 years old with two kids 4 yrs & 2 yrs my younger son born with cerebral palasy was hospitalised with lungs infection was on ventilation for 15 days know he is allright but can t sit and walk he is speaking one or two words he recognises every body can u suggest me any doctor who can help in my son s treatment one more thing during my two pregnancies i didnt had any problems like blood pressure nor i was a diabetic please do reply i also need a good gynic as i developed some abdominal problems thank you i am from hyderabad AP
Asked On : Sat, 4 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Cerebral palsy may be seen associated with difficult deliveries ans also associated with decreased blood supply/oxygen to the fetus. To prevent Cerebral palsy, you will need to take required vitamins, prevent/treat infections in pregnancy, proper Antenatal checkups during your pregnancy. Your child may rarely improve on what he has been able to do but REHABILITATION is very much needed. Contact good Rehabilitation centres in your area for proper management and training of your child.
Answered: Sat, 4 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor