Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

How to diagnose a 11 year old Anemic Child ?

My child 11 years old has height 52 inches and weight 25 kg. His HB is 7.1 and he has severe anemic symptoms including loss of appetite , shortness of breath and pale skin. What medication can I give to him please.
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi,welcome to health care magic
whatever diagnosis you have done is not sufficient enough to diagnose
there are many types and subtypes of anaemia, also some are pathogenic and some are defficiency disorders.
what you need is to consult physician or haematologist and get the perfect diagnosis
along with check with your family history and always give equal importance to your diet-wholesome food.

take care

Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.First of all it is important to have diagnosis that why he is having low Hb.It is quite low.Look for the reason whether is simply nutritional deficiency or due to some disease like worm infestation or some other problem.He needs medicines for at least 3 months.Along with this give him diet rich in iron like,all green leafy vegetables,jaggery,dates,fruits etc.for medicines you have to ask your doctor.But please take care as this much low iron will affect his learning capacity also.bye.
Answered: Fri, 13 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor