Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

How to deal with psychological abnormal fears in people over 45 yrs old ?

I would like to know if you work with adults over 45 who has some psychological abnormal fears and it is affecting their entire life. I can t get her to get help, nor will she listen to her dad or me. I told her that I needed some help for myself in order to get her to agree. She told me maybe the whole family needed help. I told her that I would check into something for all of us. I hope you received my inquiry but just in case that you didn t, I need help for my daughter who is having some psychological problems that causes her to think that someone is trying to kill her and this has consumed her life and ours. She has moved home with us because she is afraid of being by herself. This has been going on for over since September of 2012. We need help and I need to know if you can help us or refer me to someone who can. AAAAA
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I am sorry that something like this is happening with your family. It is classically known as delusions of reference and persecution. No matter what the scientific terminology is, your daughter needs help. It is better to have her be on antpsychotic medications. A qualified psychiatrist should be able to help. I am glad you bring this up in a forum and hope you seek help as soon as you can.

Take care and have a nice day !
Answered: Thu, 14 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor