• question-icon

How to cure unilateral numbness noticed on face after taking rabies vaccination?

Dear Doctor,I am a medical doctor who has a patient, female, 49 years age with unilateral numbness on her face since got a post bite rabies vaccination. She had travelling by train as well in the same time after rabies vaccination.Please give an opinion based on this case..Thank you
Mon, 17 Nov 2014
HI
Well come to HCM
Rabies vaccine does not cause any numbness in facial areas, if the patient is having numbness then this could be due to something else but not the rabies vaccine, condition need to keep in observation, possibility of facial nerve irritation may be likely, this could happens prior to palsy, hope this information helps, take care, have a nice day.