Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

How to cure umbilical serous discharge ?

Dear sir or madam, I m a 3year medical student,20 years old female,about average weight n height from Burma.I noticed some serous discharge from the umbilicus 1year ago.I feel no pain from the onset up to now.and there is no sign of inflammation around the umbilicus.As past medical history ,I ve taken penicillin for 10days*t.d.s. But still it is discharging as usual.The discharge is not much.Notice only when i accidentally touch it.Plus i have no revalent surgery history.May i get ur careful diagnosis?? With respects....
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  197
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You should look for possibility of persistent urachal cyst in your case. Get an ultrasound to confirm. Also look for any umbilical foreign body which can cause similar picture. Better to get examined by Surgeon at your Hospital first and take advice and get scan done.
Answered: Fri, 15 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor