Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

How to cure the gastric problem and will it lead to ulcers ?

Dear Doctor(s), my name is xxxx. I m a 39 years old male. Thanks for attending to my queries. I m currently suffering stomach pain as I feel like my stomach full of gases or wind and stings feeling. I just visited one of the doctors in Malaysia, and he gave me Ganaton 50 mg and also Mucosta ( Rebamipide ) 100 mg tablets to cosume 3x a day. Ganaton 1/2 hour before meal and Mucosta 1 hour after meal. My concern is after I ate for 2 days, my stomach still feel full of wind and situation didn t get any better (run toilet few times after eaten) My qusetion is, shall I continue to consume these medicines for 1 week as per instructed and these medicines really suitable per my symptom as describe ? How to cure my Gastric gases trapped problem ? What kind of medicine is recommended ? And can my situation lead to gastric ulcer/ cancer if prolong ? Very appreciate for your advice !
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  353
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. Ganton is a pro kinetic which helps in movement of food and prevent gastric distension. Rebamipide is a mucosal protecting agent helps in healing of ulcers. But if you were my patient then i prescribe rabeperazole also along with your other two drugs which will relieve your symptoms. Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further queries.
Answered: Wed, 4 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor