Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

How to cure the dry dandruff scalp ?

Hello doctor , Am 30 years old woman, and i suffer from dry dandruff scalp. please advice how to get rid of it?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi Rajalakshmi,
dandruff is very common problem.
Apply sebowash shampoo alt day,Use rovate lotion in night time.
better visit dermatologist for ruling out other causes of dry itchy scalp like seb ds,psoriasis scalp.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!Rajalakshmi ,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

For dry dandruff ,you can use any good 2% ketoconazole shampoo in combination with ZPTO. There are good salicylic acid preparation in shampoo base are also avialable which can help for the same.
If this doesn't help the you can apply any topical steroidal lotion once at night time.

Hope this answers your query,if you have any further question ,kindly write back to us.

DR.Bharat chawda
Answered: Sat, 25 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor