Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

160 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to cure swollen red spots on face?

my baby born with has red spots on her face , its seems swollen , i noticed its around more than 2 inch and irregular shape its containing blood cells inside
Sat, 30 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response
its type of hemangioma
u need not to worry most of them fade out with age
some may remain for long time
but i think u should wait for 7 year
laser can treat it well
dont rub or prick over it
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
May be they are Hemangioma which is abnormal buildup of blood vessels in the skin. Small hemangiomas which are not causing any symptoms are left Untreated. Large Hemangiomas which are symptomatic can be treated with steroid injections and LASER Therapy.
Kindly get her examined by a Dermatologist for further evaluation.

Good Luck.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dr. i m having so much pimples on my back and chhest also and after pimples go it lefts some dark spots and scars also...what should i do and my skin is also so much oily n my face is always looks like swollen n i never felt comfert with my face...pls advice me. thank you...

doctor1 MD

I have 3 questions. 1) How do I get rid of a severely painful/bruised/infected ingrown hair? 2) I have a handful of ?postules? (basically zits that I can feel under the skin on my face, they just look like bumps and have no colored tip) I get white out of them if I get annoyed enough with them being there and squeeze them, but they never go away. Can I/how do I get rid of these? 3) I break out on occasion (not often but I am ocd and tend to try to get rid of any imperfections I spot without being able to just ignore them). Lately and most often an attempt at popping what is clearly a white head (or is working on becoming one) leaves behind a hard black swollen spot. Am I correct in assuming that this is probably me messing up and causing the zit to pop under my skin? Therein leaving the scab/dried blood just under the surface of my skin? If not then what is it and either way how can I get rid of them?

doctor1 MD

My face has swollen up, and I believe it s due to sunburn, what should I do about this?

Recent questions on Laser

doctor1 MD

I have an anul tag/prolapse that I want to have removed by laser. Is this the best method to have a better cosmetic finish there, as the tag is affecting my sex life. And who can do this operation, my hemorroid doctor who says the tag is a result of a prolapse of a hemmoroid he removed 10 years ago, or a plastic sugeon? Can it be done under local anaesthetic? Thank you in advance

doctor1 MD

I would like to know more about laser surgery for fissures and internal piles as I suffer from the same.I am a 55 years old male and have heart palpitations and ectopic beats at times.Is there any hospital in Bangalore offering laser surgery for he same ?

doctor1 MD

Dear sir,

I have been suffering from anal fistula for the past 3 years. I've tried homeopathic treatment (1.5 years) but it is not getting significantly better. I have heard about laser treatment for fistula which is said to better than the regular surgery. Could you confirm the possible superiority of the laser treatment and suggest possible disadvantages of it?

I am 32 years old male.

Ansh Dhawan

doctor1 MD

I have been prescribed livial as my hot flushes are affecting me in my work as I deal with the general public all day. Also, I am waking 3 - 5 times a night, therefore not getting enough blocks of sleep. My main. Oncern is that in September I am getting my veins done by laser and I am flying overseas in August, is there reason for concern with blood clots whilst on Livial.

doctor1 MD

I have had a small bump on my tongue for about 10-15 years. It doesn't hurt and has never changed shape or size. I also chew my tongue when nervous or concentrating (so a lot of tongue chewing every day) - which makes me think this is Fibroma . If...