Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

How to cure swollen gums which is bleeding for 1 year old baby ?

my 1 yr old son had a feverf 104 for 3 days with swollen red gums his fever is now gone and he acts normal but his gums are still very swollen and red and bleeding now I dont know what i should do the drs said might need to take him to a dentist what could be wrong his gums r only swollen where his 4 teeth are on the top and bottom
Asked On : Sat, 28 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist, Pedodontics 's  Response
hi welcome,
A teething ring is generally a soft plastic device that can be chewed on and allows the baby to break down some of the gum tissue which promotes the growth of the teeth out of the gum.....
Placing a wet washcloth in the freezer for a few minutes and then applying it gently to the gums can be effective, but care must be taken not to expose a baby's gums to coldness for too long....
Suggestions for chilled foods that might appeal to a baby include applesauce, yogurt, and pureed fruits.
thanking u
Dentists recommend brushing infants' teeth as soon as they appear. It is not advisable to wait for the teething process to be complete. Dentists may recommend against the use of fluoride toothpaste during teething.
Not all parents are comfortable with the idea of using medications, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration advises against it because of the risk of methemoglobinemia. Instead to treat the pain, parents should use teething rings and gum massage.
Answered: Sat, 14 Jan 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome, no need to worry it may be sometimes infection
you consult dentist he will give you proper guidelines after examination.
follow his prescription
thanking you
Answered: Sat, 28 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor