How to cure swelling of leg caused due to replacement of bile duct tube?

My Husband was diagnoised with pancreatic cancer two years ago this month and given 4 to 6 months to live at that time. He did chemo for 6 months, 4 days a week, 2 years ago. Right now he is on heavy meds for the pain, (pain pump) and has a bile duct tube in which is changed every 3 weeks and getting harder to change. Yesterday his feet swelled up and he has been in bed ever since. I m wondering what we can expect in the near future. We have RN s every day to check him. Please any answer would comfort me. Thank you
Mon, 17 Apr 2017