Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

How to cure sunburn?

My face has swollen up, and I believe it's due to sunburn, what should I do about this?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Jul 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  1916
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
please help me out, this just seems to be getting worse, i need to know if i should go to the ER or not.
My forehead is swollen, my eyelid are too, i wake up and can barely open my eyes.
this is day two now.
Answered: Sat, 17 Jul 2010
  Anonymous's Response
DId you find anything out? My 4 yr old son just got a sunburn on his newly shaved had and forehead now it looks as if his forehead is swollen.Just wondering if it is connected to sunburn.
concerned mom
Answered: Tue, 21 Sep 2010
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
Hi Tiffany,
if you have swollen face due to sunburn avoid exposing to sun at peak of sunlight, put sun protecing creams, cover face while going out in sun, it will subside in some days
Take care
Answered: Thu, 13 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor