treatment for sleep apnea
1. avoid sedatives, hypnotics, caffeine, tea, alcohol.
2. sleep hygiene
- no tea, coffee after 5pm.
- regular 8 hrs sleep
- light dinner 2 hrs before sleep.
- no heavy physical exertion before sleep.
- don't try to sleep. if not sleepy do regular things like reading, light work
- bath just before sleep
3. reduce weight. Wt reduction can improve sleep apne by 25 %
4. sleep in lateral position. ( not practically possible)
5. oral appliances ( cumbersome)
6. treatment of nasal conditions (rhinitis
7. cpap treatment ( most successful)
8. variation surgery ( in morbid obese
try 188.8.131.52.. if not controlled go for 7.
5 and 8 are usually not pt friendly..