Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

How to cure short term memory loss ?

i am 22 years old my hight is 5.4 and weight is 67 i had problem of short term memory loss i am 22 years old my hight is 5.4 and weight is 67 i had problem of short term memory loss . whatever i read that i forget after one sleep time is not fixed may be 8 to 9 hours i sleep can u help mi for good doctor in mumbai i am not rich, i am from very small family i need to take a tretment for that convenient cost which is convenience for mi my father is retired plz help mi
Asked On : Mon, 18 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  216
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello Ram,

At your age, you do not have to worry about memory problems. In fact, what you feel as memory problem is actually decreased concentration due to which you are not able to focus properly when you read. This can be because of many reasons like stress, lack of interest or distractions.

Here are some things you can do:

1. Set short term and long term goals, so that you know why exactly it is important for your to study. This will increase your motivation and also your interest in studies.

2. Study with full concentration (without distractions), even if it is only for a short period (1 hour). Reading for hours without focus does not help you in long run.

3. Take breaks in between so that your mind does not drift away while studying. You can utilize the break to relax and refocus.

4. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". Integrate some play or exercise in your routine. Deep breathing exercises will also help calm your nerves.

5. Do not compromise on sleep time as sleeping less will affect your concentration.

If you can follow these (all self help methods and costs only your time), then it may not be necessary to even consult a doctor. All the best.
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor