Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

How to cure seborheic and regrow my hair ?

Dear doctor i am 23 male. I have been running with seborrheic dermatitis for last 4 years. Yesterday i shaved my head . Now my head skin color changed in color also and now more hairs are falling down. Please advice which is best medicine to cure the seborheic and regrow the hair.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  322
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
There is no cure for Seborrheic dermatitis. But there is goo treatment to prevent the effects as much as possible. You can use Ketoconazole shampoo to remove the excess scaling and dandruff of the scalp. Also apply soothing oil or hair cream to head to prevent dryness of skin. Apply Clearasil ultra which works best as a keratolytic on the face to remove scaling and oilyness. Avoid scratching the face or scalp as this increases the problem. Avoid sun exposure. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Exercise daily as this does wonders in promoting blood supply to skin and preventing excess scaling. Once scaling reduces by above methods, hair growth will resume. You may also benefit from applying antifungal ointment on face if needed, consult Dermatologist in such situation if no effect with Clearasil ultra.
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor