How to cure ring worms on arm and neck?

Hi, ive had two ring worms on my arm since may 2011. Both of my arms had one but they went away. A few months back i started getting it on my neck, and then on my right arm it came back. Then i started getting it on my face. The docters gave me ketoconazole 2% cream. It did not work so i went back for a refill. It still didnt work so they gave me pills. The pills did not work either. About a month ago my aunt brought me the same cream but from the Dominican Republic. It was working really well, untill i came back to my school on campus and took a shower it started getting red. My friend told me about useing clorox bleach. Ive been useing it for a week now and its just very red on my neck and arm. What should i doooooo!
Wed, 27 Aug 2014
Thank you for writing us,
Hope you'll get satisfied answer here.

Brief Answer -
Ringworm, also called tinea, is a skin infection caused by fungi, microscopic organisms that are similar to yeast and molds. It does not have any relation to worms, but is called "ringworm" because the infection can produce ring-shaped patches on the skin that have red, wormlike edges

Detailed Answer -
If you have jock itch, athlete's foot or ringworm of the body, you usually can be treated with a nonprescription antifungal cream, lotion or powder. Your doctor can recommend the appropriate treatment for your condition. Some of the nonprescription medications available include terbinafine (Lamisil), tolnaftate (Tinactin), miconazole (Micatin and other brand names), clotrimazole (Lotrimin, Mycelex) and undecylenic acid (Desenex and other brand names). Be sure to follow the directions carefully when you apply the medication. If your symptoms do not improve significantly after you have used a nonprescription medicine for about two weeks, call your doctor. Your doctor may suggest a prescription antifungal medication that will cure the problem. For extremely stubborn infections, the antifungal medication may be taken by mouth rather than being applied to the skin.

If you have a fungal infection of the scalp, beard, fingernails, or toenails, your doctor may treat you with an oral antifungal medication, such as oral terbinafine (Lamisil), itraconazole (Sporanox) or griseofulvin (Grisactin and other brand names). You also will have to apply antifungal creams or shampoos to your hair and scalp. Complete treatment can take two or three months.
When To Call A Professional