Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

How to cure pain after ruptured ovarian cyst ?

Three nights ago I was having sex with my husband when I started having really severe pain in my lower right abdomen . I went to the ER and had an ultrasound done. They said I ruptured an ovarian cyst , which I was unaware that I had. I was told that I should take pain meds and rest and I should feel better in 2-3 days. Today is day 3 and I did feel better until last night. I had felt almost back to normal until I started getting sharp pains in my upper right abdomen last night. Since then I have been feeling a very full pressure , almost like my body has been inflated, and still having sharp pains under my ribs on the right side. I have also been experiencing a brown discharge for 2 days. I usually have a brown discharge for a few hours before I start my period, so I wasn t concerned until I realized it had been 48 hours of brown discharge and no period. This is abnormal for my body. I called my Dr. and they said they could see me in 2 days. My concern is that it s already been a very long and painful 3 days. Should I really wait another 2 to see what is going on? I was almost feeling back to normal, but now I m feeling worse again.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Dec 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  644
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
when was your last menstrual period. are you suspecting pregnancy. brown discharge, no period suspecion should be of ectopic pregnancy. An ruptured hemorrhagic cyst of ovary can also produce severe pain in abdomen causing diaphragmatic irritation due to blood collection in abdomen. get a urine pregnancy test done.
Answered: Thu, 8 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Infertility Specialist Dr. Nandita Thakkar's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic
Ovarian cysts are seen commonly in women and a small percentage of them can rupture

If the pregnancy test is negative and the ultrasound findings suggest no significant fluid collection in the pelic area you can wait and it will resolve in a while

However if the pain is continuous or increasing then you need to meet your consultant at the earliest

hope I have answered your query
Dr Nandita
Answered: Thu, 8 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor