• question-icon

How to cure numbness in fingers?

hi,i have been waking up for the last 2 weeks with numb fingers,and only get the feeling back when i open and close them and hold them down,i use power tools in work,ive been talking 225mgeffexor for 1and a half years,and i have done a lot of srenght trainng over the last 10 years,could it be that im just lying on my hand when im asleep?thanks.
Fri, 11 Mar 2016
Hi

Thanks for your query and Welcome to Healthcare Magic. I am Dr Akshay from Fortis Hospital, New Delhi.

If it is a transient numbness which becomes better as you wake up, then it may not be a lot of worry especially if it is one side towards which you are sleeping .
It can be due to a transient compression of the nerves, but if it is a persistent issue even while at work and is associated with Neck pain, or other symptoms like weakness, paresthesias ( Pin prick or needle prick sensations ) etc, then it requires evaluation in form of blood tests, clinical examination and maybe if needed a nerve conduction study .

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance/SOS
You can also discuss your case and treatment plans with me in a greater detail in a private consultation.

Thanks & Regards
Dr Akshay Kumar Saxena