How to cure lower back pain?

I have had pain in my lower back just above my butt area. When I walk and try to reach for something a certain way, a quick pain will shoot through the area causing me to freeze up in pain for a second before it quickly vanishes. If I crouch or sit, there is no pain. I am female and 18 years old.
Mon, 20 Oct 2014
Hi
Thank you for asking HCM. I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due to sacroiliac joint arthritis or due to muscle strain. An examination with orthopedician will give clue for that. Sacro iliac joint arthritis will get relief by locally injecting corticosteroids. For muscle strain I treat my patients with NSAIDs like aceclofenac and muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside.If it is present for long term then physiotherapy also should be done to get relief. Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further queries.